OCCUPY WALL STREET
As you may all know, the Occupy movement is an international protest movement which was basically directed against social and economic inequality. The first protests that were widely covered were in New York City with Occupy Wall Street and an other in San Francisco with Occupy San Francisco on September 17, 2011. By October 9th, the Occupy movement was ongoing or had taken place in over 95 cities across 82 countries. There's approximately 2 500 cities from all over the globe that are also in actions against this movement. What they want is expose the 1% of people that are writing the rules of an unfair global economy that is foreclosing on our future for the 99% others.
Personally, I understand that SOME PEOPLE might have difficulties to find jobs, but I think that there’s a fine line between been incapable to work and TO DECIDE that they don’t want to work. I know, here in Quebec, it’s easy to find jobs and not only for student, but also for adults and that it’s not the same in other countries. Fine!, but I also know that some people are been LAZY and that’s the reason WHY they aren’t able to find jobs. I am not working each weekend because I like to work: I do it because I NEED MONEY. I also know that I am probably shocking you, when I say that, but I’ve started to work when I was in secondary 4, because my goal was to have a brand new car and to also be able to pay for my own stuff. That MY point of view, from where I am, here in Quebec. I know that between here and in the U-S, we don’t have the same systems and that it’s why I am not the best person to argue with their issue.
But, I agree that it’s also unfair that it’s a minority (1%) of people that’s having the control over a majority (99%). I think that the government should start to be MORE INVOLVE in the discussions and HELP THOSE who WANTS to be helped.
Are you agreeing or disagreeing? Tell me!
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire